The applied trainings are highly specialized in nature, which are imparted through full time qualified and multi-disciplinary faculty in domains of Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics, Rural Sociology, Project Planning & Evaluation, Irrigation Agronomy, Environmental Safeguards and Agricultural Extension.
Furthermore, specialist faculty involved: Design Engineer, Surveying and mapping, Flow Measurement, Materials and Construction, Lift Irrigation, Pumps & Tubewells, Quality Control & Testing, Monitoring & Evaluation, Safeguards Specialists, LASER land Leveling Operation, Maintenance and Repair, Permanent Raised Beds, HEIS Design Installation and O&M, Solar Energy water Pumping Systems. Accordingly, the Institute also maintains a database of over 100 visiting experts for specialized trainings.
The Institute’s Training and Research infrastructure comprises of:
- Lecture halls fully equipped with audio visual equipment and multimedia
- Computer lab equiped with high speed broadband internet connections
- 75 acres Training and Research Farm at Renala Khurd, district Okaran
- Library of latest manuals, technical and training materials
- Air-conditioned accommodation for up to 30 participants
- Mess and recreational facilities
- Transportation facility for conducting field visits and on site demonstrations
- Electric Generator 100 KVA backed-up with another 25 KVA electric generator
- Flat panel electric visual display in hostel rooms
- Tuckshop, Photocopying, printing (B/W and color), scanning, hot & cold water, laundry services
- Display Center